Who does not like to sit in a glider? Both children and adults love it. Notably, when the weather outside is bright, that is the right time to get the perfect relaxing time. You will not worry about the safety since it moves via a sliding mechanism installed on a stable base. Therefore, it is ideal for toddlers and even pets. However, your comfort will not be completely perfect without any cushions that complement it. This is one that distinguishes the traditional rocking chair with the modern glider which comes commonly with pads or cushions.
How to choose cushions for outdoor gliders?
Since the purpose of the placement is on the outside which would be exposed to direct sunlight, and possibly also other external elements such as dust, then the material must be resistant to weathers. What are they?
- Choose the outdoor glider cushion materials for cover
- Cotton Canvas. It is heavy duty fabric which is relatively cheap. It dyes easily and also hard-wearing.
- Duck Cloth. It is similar to canvas but it has a tighter weave. The texture is a bit smoother than the previous one.
- Vinyl or PVC. It is a plastic material so you should be careful not to put it in the open area since if exposed to sun exposure, it will be hot. It is hardy, easy to clean and conform to various outdoor chair shapes, including the outdoor glider.
- Textilene Fabric. It is mesh woven polyester with a PVC coating which is fade and mold resistant, flame retardant, and waterproof. To clean it, you are not advised to use detergent, but just do it with water and mild natural soap.
- It is made from a variety of synthetic and cotton blends which comes in several grades. It is fade, mold, and mildew resistant, waterproof, and chlorine safe. Thus, it is safe and can be used anywhere outdoor without worrying about the sun, water, and other outdoor elements.
- Choose the outdoor glider cushion seat core materials
- Dacron or PET
It is very firm, touted, water and UV resistant. The appearance is well-kept so that looks luxurious.
You have a lot of choices about it because of available in a diverse variety of densities.
- Polyester Fill
If you are looking for more bearings offering an attractive appearance rather than comfort, then this is the right choice. Nevertheless, it is soft, fluffy, and inexpensive so that is ideal for those in the low budget.
- Clustered Polyfill
It is almost similar to the one just mentioned, but it is much firmer.
- Cushion Ties
Ties on the cushion are necessary to lock the cushion on the body of the chair. Thus, it will always be there and when you will sit, you just sit without having to tidy up or find the cushion that might fall.
The outdoor glider comes in various sizes. Measure the furniture first to find the perfect cushion size.
- Single, two or three pieces?
It depends on the type of materials, designs, and comfort level you want. For example, your outdoor glider is made of cast iron or wrought iron and want to expose the beautiful ornate on the back, so you can pick the single cushion just for the seat. On the contrary, if you want to get a perfect comfort, the two pieces is best.
- Choose colors and patterns
This is maybe the last consideration, but important remembering the cushion is not only for providing extra comfort but adding the style, too.